After further consultation and review, we have made the difficult decision to move DNA to an online learning model for the next two weeks to protect the safety of our dance community, staff and families. We are sure this leaves you with many questions, so please bear with us and read everything below.
Dates of Importance
Monday, March 16 - Sunday, March 29, 2020 - Online learning only. No group classes permitted.
Monday, March 30 - April 5 - NEW dates for DNA Spring Break - Completely closed.
Monday, April 6 - Reopen to public pending any new developments from CDC or government
Monday, June 22 - Saturday, June 27 - Optional Make Up Week #1
Monday, June 29 - Friday, July 3 - Optional Make Up Week #2
How do I engage with classes my child is enrolled in for the next two weeks?
- Teachers at DNA will be providing lessons for every class that your child is enrolled in. These lessons may include a workout, choreography videos, printable worksheets, etc.
- Each day of missed class these lessons will be available by 3PM to access.
- It is the responsibility of the dancer and family to stay engaged online. This is the model we have chosen for optimal engagement with our dance community while we cannot meet face to face.
- Collective and Pre-Collective dancers, your online classes are mandatory. No exceptions if you wish to remain a part of the program this year and the following. Teachers and choreographers have the expectation of seeing videos from dancers shared via Collective Slack app, DM, social media, etc.
- A new lesson will be provided for each week we are closed.
- Access the lessons starting March 16 at 3PM, via this Google Folder. Classes are labeled by Day of Week, Time, Title of class, and date missed.
How else can my dancer stay engaged?
- DNA will be open for private lessons pending instructors' availability. No dancer with symptoms outlined by the CDC will be permitted in the studio. We are still maintaining a clean environment as outlined in previous communication.
- If you would like to schedule a private lesson, please reach out to the instructor directly. Contact info can be found below our signature.
- CLI Studios, the most outstanding online dance portal has opened up free classes to the public March 16 - March 22. Visit: www.clistudios.com/keepdancing to take classes online from some of the best instructors in the business.
- Erin Salvetti, (@livinglately on Instagram), founder of Barre Connect, is offering free Barre workouts on her IGTV. Check out her Instagram for timing and videos. She is a member of our DNA family!
We want to keep our dance life going in the most positive way possible. As your dancer is staying active at home, please post anything relevant on your social media outlets as you feel comfortable. We will be using #DNAathome during the next few weeks to help organize all the posts.
This dance community is one of the strongest we all have ever come to know. We truly love you all from the bottom of our hearts, and know we will come out on top after this difficult time. We appreciate your understanding, patience, and solidarity more then you'll ever know.